Recruiting Teachers for Diverse Classrooms
Date: Thursday, September 29, 2022 - 10:45 PM
This webinar will begin with a brief overview of current staffing trends in California’s PK-12 public schools with a focus on the impact that teacher shortages and diversity gaps have on students. Presenters will then describe strategies, including “developmental advising,” financial aid, and campaigns targeting high school and community college students that have proven effective in increasing the enrollment and diversity of candidates applying for credential programs.
- Diversity gaps between California’s PK-12 teachers and students
- Why teacher-student diversity gaps matter
- Strategies for closing the diversity gaps
- Effective advising as a recruitment tool: what it looks like and strategies for achieving it
- Nomination campaigns and celebration of teaching events that target high school and community college students
- A brief look ahead at upcoming diversity-focused webinars
A Recording of the EventThis link will take you to an external website in a new tab.
The Webinar PowerPointThis link will take you to an external website in a new tab.